Eval Board Library:
Microchip Curiosity Board (8-Bit)
Curiosity is a cost-effective, fully integrated 8-bit development platform targeted at first-time users, Makers, and those seeking a feature-rich rapid prototyping board. With the ability to cross-compile your applications on this virtual board and the physical target, prototyping has never been easier.
Curiosity is the perfect platform to harness the power of modern 8-bit PIC® Microcontrollers. Its layout and external connections offer unparalleled access to the Core Independent Peripherals (CIPs) available on many newer 8-bit PIC MCUs. These CIPs enable the user to integrate various system functions onto a single MCU, simplifying the design and keeping system power consumption and BOM cost low.
Features (Physical Eval Board)
- Supports 8-, 14-, 20-pin 8-bit PIC® Microcontrollers with low voltage programming capability
- Integrated Programmer/Debugger with USB Interface
- Integrates seamlessly with MPLAB X IDE and Code Configurator
- Various user interface options – mTouch button, analog potentiometer, and physical switches
- Mikrobus™ support with over 100 MikroElectronika Click™ add-on boards available
- RN4020 Bluetooth module footprint
Buy the physical board here.
Virtualized Peripherals Supported
- Photorealistic Drag-And-Drop Control
- Four Red LEDs
- Capacitive Touch Input Button
- Push Input Button
- 10-Bit Analog Potentiometer Input
- Reset Button