Eval Board Library:
Microchip PIC32MZ MEB-II Board
The Multimedia Expansion Board II (MEB-II) is a highly integrated, compact and flexible development platform which works with PIC32MZ Starter Kit. The MEB-II kit features a 4.3” WQVGA PCAP touch display daughter board. The kit also has an onboard 24-bit stereo audio codec, VGA camera, 802.11 b/g wireless module, Bluetooth HCI transceiver, temperature sensor, microSD slot and analog accelerometer.
This component provides a virtualized PIC32MZ EF Starter Kit and MEB-II board stackup. When using physical boards, the PIC32MZ EF Starter Kit plugs into the MEB-II board and are purchased separately.This component virtualizes the assembly of these two physical boards. This is the platform to use if you are developing a Harmony based graphic display application.
Features (Physical MEB-II Board)
- Works with the following kits and adaptor boards:
- PIC32MZ EF Starter Kit w/ Crypto Engine
- PIC32MZ EF Starter Kit
- MEB/MEB II UART-to-USB Adaptor Board
- 24-bit stereo audio codec
- Integrated 802.11 b/g wireless module
- Low-cost Bluetooth HCI transceiver
- Optional EBI SRAM memory
- 4.3” WQVGA PCAP touch display daughter board
- microSD slot
- mTouch sensing solutions buttons
- Analog temperature sensor
- VGA camera
- PICtail connector
Buy the MEB-II board here.
Features (PIC32MZ EF Starter Kit)
The board features two Mini-B USB ports, one for debugging and one for USB-toUART
or I2C™ communications, a Standard-A USB port for the embedded host,
and a Micro-AB USB Host/Device/OTG port. The PHY daughter board features an
RJ-45 Ethernet port for network connectivity.
Buy the PIC32MZ EF Starter Kit here.
Virtualized Peripherals Supported
Photorealistic Front View:
- 400×240 WVGA LCD Display
- Power LED
- Green LEDs D4, D5, D6, and D7
- Switch S1 Input
- Two Capacitive Touch Inputs
Photorealistic Rear View:
- SW1, SW2, and SW3 Push Button Digital Inputs
- LED1, LED2, and LED3 Digital Outputs
- Audio Input Through System Microphone
- Audio Output Through System Speakers
- Virtual USB Thumb Drive Device Support